It's official, on Sunday we opened the garage for business, er, use. During the last two weeks we've been busy finishing the details, like soffits, trim, siding, gutters, and doors.
After a two-week curing time for the driveway we were able to schedule the garage door install. During that waiting period, we sided and added the soffit and fascia. And for someone who has never sided before in her life, I can tell you it's not that hard. Like fitting together pieces of a puzzle, vertically, and giant pieces of a puzzle, but you get the idea.
We started on the side next to the lawn, which only took a couple of hours and set my expectations pretty high. Mike and I built scaffolding with some 2x4's and sawhorses to make reaching the higher pieces easier, and aside from my unexpected fear of heights (yes, it was only about 4 feet off the ground, but you try shimmying across two 2x4's as they bow), it was pretty easy. No guessing at weird angles, no 14' high nailing. Just making sure the joints didn't line up.